Friday, December 9, 2011

*Sweet* Holiday Cards

Hello All!

Today I have some very *sweet* Holiday cards to share with you. I used the patterned papers from the Snow Day collection by Pink Paislee and the Vintage Tinsel from the Old School collection also by Pink Paislee to create these cute cards. I really love the Vintage Tinsel Ribbon on these cards I think it works so well for Christmas and Holiday themed projects! Just because it is from the Old School line doesn't mean you can't use it on other projects!
So, here are the two cards I made...

IMG_2627

IMG_2632

Both versions started out the same. Kraft cardstock with rounded bottom corners,  Fireside patterned paper with rounded bottom corners and sanded edges, tinsel ribbon and a cute candy cane cut from the Fireside paper. After cutting the candy canes out I added some glitter and then adhered them to the cards with foam adhesive. Now, this is where the two cards differ! Version one I stamped the sentiment directly on to the card base and heat embossed it but since I am not always the most careful stamper and embosser I thought I would change it up for the second card!

IMG_2633

On version two I added some of the Warm Mittens patterned paper to the top of the card and again sanded the edges of the patterned paper. This time I stamped the sentiment on to kraft cardstock and heat embosed it before adding it to the card! Before adhering the sentiment to the card I inked the edges of it and then made sure to leave the"ribbon" edge free from adhesive. It adds just a bit more dimension and interest to card this way!

IMG_2634

So there they are! Two cards very similar and both easy to mass produce. Version one is pretty simple  and will stretch your supplies making it easy to make cards for everyone on your Christmas list! Version two has a few more steps but great if you do not want to stamp directly onto the card!

Thanks for taking a look at my *sweet* Holiday cards! Stay tuned as I have a few more Holiday cards and layouts to share with you in December. (Plus, you never know when there might be a giveaway!) Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment